David Renna

I am ready for an exciting semester.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Project 1: Report Part 1

This is my Population Density Map for the San Francisco Bay Area Counties. I would like to point out the high population densities of the South West counties of Santa Clara, Alameda, and Contra Costa Counties. This high density will provide a good assessment for the allocation of fund to local hospitals with high asthma hospitalization rates.

County officials have asked for a comparison between uninsured percentage rates and unemployment rates for each of the counties in the San Francisco County Area. They have also require comparison of single mother households with uninsured percentage rates. The scatterplots provided show that there is only a slight correlation between uninsured rates and unemployed rates. There is even less correlation between uninsured rates and single mother households. I believe this is due to the fact that the most important thing for a single mother is to have health insurance for her family.

Finally, the officials wanted to see if the was correlation with uninsured rates and both hispanic and black householod rates. As you can see, the scatterplots do not show much. However, you can start to see visually that Alameda County has both high percentages of both Asthma Hospitalization rates and hispanic and black percentage households. I think my scatterplots are incorrect. I could not get them to show any correlation at all. I redid these many time without success. However, I do see the corelation visually in the maps.


No comments:

Post a Comment