David Renna

I am ready for an exciting semester.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 8: Dot Map



I began this week lab by performing a few calculations in our Excel program. I first summed the total houses in Florida and then divided by 2000 because that was the number suggested in the exercise. I then rounded that number to get whole numbers. Then divided all values by four. This is how I got the number of dots to put in each county.
Then I used Adobe Illustrator to add the required dots to each county. I took in consideration the area where people could not live like wetlands. I then added each dot personally to the map(over 1800). I then used Illustrator to make the map visually appealing. I do not know why it is shifted to the right. I could not correct it. I do believe that you can see very clearly the areas which are most densely populated or where housing is located.

1 comment: